Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rantings on SOA

I wasn't going to say anything about it, but I just can't shake the finale of SOA last night.

I absolutely loved the show for the first three seasons, then it seemed to get a little loose in the writing, and while I have watched since the beginning, I was no longer enjoying it like I had been.

Season 7 seemed to come full circle, starting to tie up those gazillion different story lines (what I personally thought was the downfall of the show, too much going on at times), and the clubs hierarchy finally coming to light. That being said, I was enjoying the show again, and faithfully waiting for the last episode where it all would end.

*SPOILER* Stop reading now if you have yet to watch the episode.

At last, it was 10 pm in Washington, and I had stayed away from all previous FB posts about what was happening on the east coast. I do feel the finale was well written/done, however was not pleased with the ending. I get the justification of Jax having to die. Everything comes full circle and the damage he has caused along the way basically lead to the decision of ending his life. I get the symbolism in riding off in the hills and getting taken out by the MAC truck, however poetic or not, I kinda felt it was a cop out.

I wanted something more. I knew he had to die, but that final scene just didn't sit right with me. But, none the less and great show (minus a couple of dragging seasons), and ultimately I will miss the Tuesday night time slot it occupied on my DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment