Thursday, May 30, 2013

A little teaser for your Thursday morning!

Leaning back in the tub I watched the steam from the water rise and heat the room. Sinking into the basin as far as I could with my wrapped arm resting on the side, I closed my eyes and exhale all the toxins I’ve been keeping in my system. The last two days had taken a toll on my mind, adding too much pressure to my already fragile existence. It sickened me that my roommate was still seeing Trent and the thought of him being in the same fraternity as Stone was just a cruel joke fate was playing on me. I ducked my head under the water and slowly released the air from my lungs, for a moment everything was peaceful. Opening my eyes underwater made everything seem calm on the surface almost like the water being glass, just waiting for me to break the surface and shatter it. My lungs started to burn from the lack of oxygen and if I waited much longer my outcome could be grim. Closing my eyes I quickly sit up and take a deep breath in, letting the cool air rush into my lungs. I slump back down till the water hits my shoulders; smacking Trent in the face was one of the most satisfying moments of my life, maybe I can be a bad ass again. 

**Don't forget to add "Life Altering Beautiful" on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment